Entering the Vision Quest
with Alexandra Hatfield M.A. and Jon Keen M.A. co-founders of Wild Rites
Saturday 21st January 2017, 2pm-4pm.
@ Room 3, Friends Meeting House, Meeting House Lane, Lancaster, LA1 1TX.
£5 deposit secures your place
For thousands of years the vision quest has been a primary catalyst for personal and spiritual awakenings where many have discovered their gifts and innate potential. To have a life “vision” is to open and surrender to your True Self.
During this mini workshop you will:
- Discover why rites of passage, in particular the vision quest, are becoming more important to our psychological and spiritual well-being.
- Understand that to undertake a vision quest ceremony is a big commitment to yourself, this workshop will help you decide if 2017 is the right time for you.
- See how undertaking this transformative ceremony is a return to your birthright - deep communion with Mother Nature.
- Learn the structure of a vision quest; separation/ preparation, transition and incorporation.
- Meet your guides and others who are considering a vision quest.
- Hear what a vision quest is like from people who have quested before.
- Participate in and take away the technique of Council - a way to communicate from the heart in sacred space.
Why do we need to Vision Quest in the 21st Century?
There is a sickness in our culture, many act as if they are separate from Nature. This disconnection from nature enables us to deny our own true nature because ultimately they are of the same source.
Separation from nature is only ever a splitting in our consciousness. The vision quest enables us to reconnect to our life source, to reclaim an intimate relationship with nature that brings a deep sense of belonging and a reservoir of energy which is always available to connect into.
In the 21st century we live in a culture where we don't want to be told who we are or who we should be. We want to connect with our own innate potential, our true self, our genius, which is what the Vision Quest enables.
A rite of passage like a vision quest creates a space in you to connect with the Truth of who you were born to be – your values, meaning and purpose in this life. This incredible process is a surrender to something greater than the socially conditioned ego and can therefore support you to proceed in life transitions where you may otherwise become stuck.
This is why Vision Quest is the rite of passage ceremony for the 21st century. It is a surrender to your true self, an opening to Nature and the truth of who you are rather than a prescription of who you should be.
Deciding to Vision Quest
The mini-workshop is a wonderful opportunity to see if you like the Wild Rites way and to decide for yourself if you are ready to quest before making a commitment.
It is ideal for:
- Connecting with meaning, purpose and values.
- Letting go of limiting beliefs and identifications.
- Transitioning from one life chapter to the next.
- Facing your fears within a safe container.
- Celebrating or marking a "new you"
- Catalysing a new life phase.
- Grieving and letting go.
- Discovery of your gifts and innate potential.
- A deep encounter with nature — both inner and outer.
- Connecting with true self-worth and a deep sense of belonging.
About your Workshop Guides
Jon and Alex are rites of passage guides with a wealth of experience. They are members of the Wilderness Guides Council and the Association of Pscyhospiritual Practitioners. They are both psychospiritual psychologists with M.A.'s in Psychosynthesis Psychology and are qualified counsellors and coaches. Between them they have facilitated thousands of people in ceremony, self-development and leadership workshops. They co-founded Wild Rites in 2016 with the mission to provide pan cultural nature based programmes that empower participants to live a soulful life aligned to their True Self.